20011028: gempak question

Andrew,

Anytime you receive a message "NCLRAL, it means that GEMPAK is not able to
access
the colors it needs for the device driver.

First, run gpend and then check to make sure you don't have other
"xw" or "gf" processes hanging around eating up your colors. It could
be that you had other sessions that didn't get the GPEND when finished.
If you aren't running "ntl" and have more than 1 GUI or xw/gf driver open,
then you need to run ntl to set up the shared color map so that each GEMPAK
process
doesn't have to get its own colors.

If you have a web browser like "netscape" eating all the
colors, consider running it with the "-install" option.

You can plot a tropical storm and/or tropical cyclone symbol
in any program that supports STNPLT (like gpmap, or sfmap).
Create a station table entry for your locations and then use the
appropriate MARKER symbol (number 23 or 24).

You can also use the NMAP/NMAP2 product generation pallette to
interactively place the graphic symbol.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support