20011023: Attention Steve Chiswell

>From: "Francisco Javier Soley Alfaro." <address@hidden>

>Steve:
>When I tried tor use gdplot, I get the following message:
>Can not allocate read/write colors
>The online help on gdplot does not list that error message. Where should I
>be looking for information? Thanks.
>Javier

Javier,

Before running GEMPAK programs, try launching the "ntl" program.
It will tell you if you do not have enough colors available.

You can run ntl with command line options to request fewer colors,
such as "ntl -s 32".

The ntl program creates a shared color map so that all GEMPAK programs share
the same color space. Without ntl, each window that you have for GEMPAK
tries to obtain its own colors.

Also, check to make sure you don't have any "xw" processes that didn't get
cleaned up with gpend.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support