20011005: gempak installation problem

Since you do not have the SUN WS compilers, use the Solaris
binary distribution and supplied fortran system shareable libraries.
See the README file foe Solaris binary installation as
well as the GEMPAK tutorial:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/GEMPAK5.6

Steve Chiswell