20010927: College Of Dupage password for unidata site

>From: "David B. Bukowski" <address@hidden>

Dave,

>I was wondering what the college of DuPage's password is for COD,

????

>Paul Sirvatka said to email you guys on what it would be.

I am not sure what you are asking for.

>I'd like to download
>Gempak and start trying to have that setup and installed on our system
>over here.  Thanks

The download procedure for Unidata packages has changed recently (FTP
access still works, but it will be discontinued soon).  Now,
we are asking our sites to first register (through a web form) as a
user.  After registering once, they will be given access to the
packages they are after.

To get the GEMPAK distribution you go to the GEMPAK HomePage:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak

and select the 'Download Software' link.  If you are from an already
registered site, you can just login and get access to the various
Unidata packages.  If you are not yet registered, simply register (make
sure to specify that your affiliation is an educational institution) and
then you will be able to download the software you are after.

The access to McIDAS distributions is the exact same as for GEMPAK.
Select the 'Download Software' link on the McIDAS HomePage:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/780

and login or register and grab that distribution.

On a related topic, I was unable to logon to climate using the password
for mcidas that works on weather.

Tom