20010823: Unidata licensing information sheet

>From: Everette Joseph <address@hidden>

Everette,

>Attached is a Unidata licensing information sheet from Howard
>University.  If possible, please notify me (and send me a copy) when you
>send the license agreement  to Howard's "contract officer", Joseph
>Parker.  Howard bureaucracy is notoriously slow and inefficient;
>therefore knowing that the license agreement is in the system (and what
>is looks like) will greatly aid us in monitoring its progress and
>shepherding it through the system.

The procedure that gives you access to Unidata software offerings has
changed since your original contact with us.  You no longer need to
go through the license hassle for GEMPAK or McIDAS.  Now, all you have
to do is register as a Unidata User, and you are then given access
to the package(s) you want to download.

To register as a Unidata User, go to the GEMPAK HomePage (you can
do the exact same things through the McIDAS HomePage):

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/

and click on the 'Register as a Unidata User'.  Follow the instructions
making sure to fill in all required information.  After you are registered,
you can go back to the GEMAPK HomePage and click on 'Download Software'
and start the download process.  Also, after you are registered you
can access packages like McIDAS if you like.

>Thanks
>
>Everette
>

>--
>Everette Joseph, Ph.D.
>Assistant Professor
>Department of Physics and Astronomy &
>Center for the Study of Terrestrial and Extraterrestrial Atmospheres
>(CSTEA)
>Howard University
>2355 6TH Street, NW
>Washington, DC 20059
>
>202-806-6256 (Office)
>202-806-5830 (Fax)
>e-mail: address@hidden
>

>--------------1951841A4E873B33189F17AA

>Unidata Product Licensing Information Form:  930223
>=======================================
>
>NOTE: This form must be returned to "address@hidden". It does
>      not constitute the license, only gathers information to start the
>      license process.
>
>Institution:                 Howard University
>Department:                  Department of Physics and Astronomy
>Contact name:                Everette Joseph
>Mailing address:             College of Arts and Science
>                             2355 Sixth St. NW
>                             Washington, DC 20059
>
>Phone number(s):             202.806.6256
>Email address:               address@hidden
>
>Contract officer:           Joseph Parker
>Mailing Address:            Department of Material Management
>                            Howard University
>                            2244 Tenth Street, NW
>                            Washington, DC 20059
>
>Phone number(s):            (202) 806-1300
>Email address:              address@hidden
>
>Product(s) & Rev #(s):       all
>Machine Manufacturer, Model: Sun Ultra SPARC 10
>
>*-> package of preference    GEMPAK/NMAP

Tom Yoksas