20010807: 20010628: Gempak<-dss/sfc adp

John,

The old 5.0 programmers guide doesn't have many of the new high level routines.

I create a skeleton routine that you can call with the appropriate
array of decoded data and station information and send that to you
for your use and learning. I generally follow the dc style of using the
file templates and opening and closing routines which didn't exist
back in 1990.

I believe that gddelt will erase the header information, but it doesn't actually
shrink the file size (which would require moving everything in the file
past the deletion point). You should get smaller files if you:
1) created a new file (using gdcfil and CPYFIL the navigation block)
   with the appropriate number of grid entries and then,
2) Use gdmod to copy the forecast times (f000;f006) over to the new file.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support