20010722: gprcm won't use satfil (topo)

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

>I have been using a modified Unidata topo map to plot
>radar echoes on using gdradr and gdplot2_gf.  This works
>fine.  When I try to use gprcm I find there is no variable
>entry for LUTFIL and no matter what satfil I use (with proj=sat)
>it just uses the background map and ignores the satfil entry.
>As a workaround I saved the result from gprcm as a vgf file,
>then used gpmap_gf with the above satfil.  This works except
>the RADINFO data either is not being saved in the vgf file or
>I am not using gpmap correctly as the NA's..etc do not show
>up using a standard background or a topo map.
>
>Thanks,
>Robert Mullenax

Robert,

The lutfil value is currently hardcoded in gprcm.f as "DEFAULT",
so it isn't looking for the value as input.
This restriction can actually be eliminated- it was just part of the original
gpmap.f code I used at the time.

If you aren't getting the image, them it might be that you don't have a
$GEMTBL/sat/imgtyp.tbl entry for the topo you have. Dis your modification
change the image source number from what is in the table?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support