20010712: system color error with Gempak

Wayne,

Make sure you launch "ntl" before other GEMPAK applications (or web
browsers etc that use colors).
Ntl is asking for 117 colors, and your system only has 113 available.

You can either:

1) launch ntl to request fewer colors, such as "ntl -s 64"
   This will ask for only 64 colors to be allocated to
   the satellite images (instead of 95 by default). Even
   "-s 32" will give decent satellite displays in most cases.

2) free up colors on your system (decrease colors used by your
   window manager (eg solid desktop instead of a gradiant of colors,
   grayscale application taskbar etc).

For more information, see the GEMPAK archives.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support