20010613: GEMPAK: how not display colorbar with SATFIL?

>From: Christian Page <address@hidden>

Hi Christian-

>I am producing a GEMPAK plot with a satellite picture as background. I am usin
>gdcntr and sfmap to overlay-plot some data over the satellite image. I set, in
>both gdcntr and sfmap, SATFIL to my satellite file,  PROJ is set to sat, and
>CLRBAR is set to nothing, e.g. CLRBAR=
>
>But a colorbar is still displayed in the output. How do I remove it?

Steve Chiswell (the usual GEMPAK support person) is out of town this
week, but in searching the archives with the key CLRBAR=0, I came up
with an answer:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/mfs/63/1930

(you can search the archives at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/help_and_documentation/ghgempak.html)

I came up with the particular search first by reading the on-line help for
the variable clrbar by typing "phelp clrbar" at any GEMPAK command prompt.
It indicated that setting clrbar=0 would work, but the message above says
differently when an image is involved.  Unfortunately, I don't have
a machine I can quickly test the clrbar=0 on to see if there is any change
since 1997 when the reply was given.

Don Murray