20010430: gempak and system rebuild

Chris,
GEMPAK programs require Message queues. McIDAS requires shared memory segments.

You should know if you have message queues available by running
a simple program like gpmap. You should see gplt get fired up.
Then your ipcs commans will show the message queue.

Since you are producing gifs, it sounds like you do have message queues.

Nothing in that regard has changed since 5.4.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support