20010425: Gempak- Consistent Colors

Mike,

You can use gdplot2 to save on running gdcntr multiple times.

One solution is to split the color bar into >= 0 and < 0
(eg sinking and rising), then start FLINE at 0 for both
instances- multiplying negative values by -1.

Here is an example:

 GEMPAK-GDPLOT2>l
 GDFILE   = eta
 GDATTIM  = f000
 GLEVEL   = 700
 GVCORD   = pres
 PANEL    = 0
 SCALE    = 999
 GDPFUN   = mul(omeg,-1) ! omeg
 TYPE     = f ! c/f
 CINT     = 4;4
 LINE     = 31
 FINT     = 1/1 ! 1/0
 FLINE    = 24-30;8-23 ! 0;23-8;30-24
 CLRBAR   = 1/v/ll/.005;.05 ! 1/v/ll/.005;.55/.4;.01
 TITLE    = 1/-1 ! 0
 TEXT     = .8/22/2/hw
 CLEAR    = y
 GAREA    = uslcc
 PROJ     = lcc/25;-95;25/10;0;0;0
<etc>

You could use gptext to annotate the rising and sinking color bars
accoringly.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support