20010412: WTCH_WARN

Clint,

I'll go through NMAP2 since that is what I'm generally using.

The decoder entries for dcwtch and wcwarn create ascii readable
text files- my default actions store them under $GEMDATA/storm/wtch and warn.

The datatype.tbl file gives entries for WTCH and WARN templates. Assuming you
have that much configured, you should have some warnings for today. The
last watchbox file I have is 7Z yesterday.

In the 17Z warning file today, I have flood warnings for Michigan.

When you pull up the MISC/WARN (current time), it gives a time menu with
obs times every 20 minutes (from the datatype.tbl configuration). That
frequency is generally picked to coincide with the 20 minute surface obs.
The times selections will be there whether or not there are actually
any active warnings for that period.

When selecting MISC/WARN, the edit data source button allows you to configure
which of Tornado, t-storm or flood warnings to show, along with colors, symbol
sizes etc. For MISC/WTCH, you can select whether status updates (lines showing
the
updated box nibbled away), lables, etc. are plotted from the edit data button.

I am able to set te time to yesterday at 7Z to display the watch box #139
displayed.

So, if you aren't getting the above, we should check your decoder setup and
data directory template configuration to verify that is correct.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support