20010412: NNEXRAD feed (cont.)

>From: Tim Alberta <address@hidden>

Tim,

>I was thinking we didn't need decoding, but I can't get non-decoded
>images to come up in gempak ( or garp ) (Image format not supported).
>
>Do you think this is because we're using an older gempak (5.4)?

Yes, definitely.  The zlib-compressed NOAAPORT NEXRAD Level III image
products are supported in the current Unidata release of GEMPAK/GARP/NMAP.

>Thanks,

I seem to remember that Dan Vietor posted an update to his ucnids decoder
to the ldm email list some time ago.  You should scan the ldm-users
online data to see if you can find it there:

Searchable archives of ldm-users
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpsedocs/ghldm-users.html

I would use ucnids in the search field.
Tom