20010405: 20010404: Garp can't see data

>From: "Patrick O'Reilly" <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>
>Looks like all the files have 2 digit years.  They match the strings at the
>end of Garp_defaults.  I think I mentioned that Garp sees none of the data.
>I  have started NTL and pointed Nsharp at the model data, which worked.  I
>tried sitting on top of $GEMDATA and using the command "ntl -bash data" to
>try to force Garp to start looking at /data/gempak and /data/images.  None
>worked.  I am attaching my Gemenviron.bash file for you to see, I
>highlighted a line where a configuration directory is defined, which doesn't
>actually exist on my system.  Any other ideas?

Patrick,

try renaming the files to 4 digit years and using the templates for 4 digit
years
as provided in the distribution. The Y2K fixes for garp assume 4 digit years.
I provided a rename script for a similar problem in:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/gempak/3775

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support