20010404: noaaport NIDS and nmap2

>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

>We are unable to get the noaaport NIDS images to display using nmap2.  But we
>can get the old WSI images to display.  Is there a table that needs to be
>updated so nmap2 knows what N0R (etc) images are (as opposed to BREF1)?
>

>--
>Dr. Harry Edmon                        E-MAIL: address@hidden
>(206) 543-0547                         address@hidden
>Dept of Atmospheric Sciences   FAX:    (206) 543-0308
>University of Washington, Box 351640, Seattle, WA 98195-1640

Harry,

To display the zlib compressed nids images, you must be running 5.6.a, and,
if you downloaded the distribution before I found the bug at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/gempak/4091

Then you probably need to change tye "char *" type to "unsigned char *",
recompile the im library routine and relink all guis and programs.

I updated the tarfile distribution when I found that change.

No change in tables is necessary since the NEXRAD product info is within
the data itself. The 5.6.A update allowed GEMPAK to accept NIDS products
with WMO headers where previously, the WSI products did not have
WMO distribution headers.

Steve Chiswell