20010404: 20010403: 20010402: getraob

>From: Diana DeRubertis <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>       Compiling the files for individual stations sounds like a good
>idea.  I think I'll try that. But again, I'm not sure how to alter the
>fsltogem program (it automatically compiles yearly files now).  Is there a
>script that I can access somewhere in the gempak tarfile?
>
>Diana

>Diana DeRubertis
>Dept of Geography
>University of California, Berkeley
>Office:  199 McCone Hall
>Email:  address@hidden

OOps. Thinking of many things at the same time.

I copied an updated version of fsltogem into ~gbuddy/nawips-5.6/binary/cal.
You can download this single executable into the bin/sol directory to
replace the previous version. Still the 2000 limit (since the entire package
has to
be recompiled to change that limit), but the output will now be to files named
YYYY_wmo.gem. When you ftp the executable, you need to make sure that the file
is executable on you end with "chmod a+x fsltogem".

Hope this gets you back on the road.

Steve Chiswell