From: Unidata Support [mailto:address@hidden]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 4:22 PM
To: Kopp, Fred
Cc: 'address@hidden'
Subject: 20010314: Gempak 5.6A compiler error

Fred,

The attr.c routine is being built in the netcdf library.
You may be having problems without the compiler license, or in
not using -o32 with the compiler.

When you type "uname" on your O2, do you get "IRIX" or "IRIX64"?

If you are an "IRIX" then you can try adding the
setenv XCFLAGS "-o32" variable to the "case irix: " option in Gemenviron:

edit $NAWIPS/Gemenviron

in the section of irix:
       case irix64:
           setenv XCFLAGS "-o32"
        case irix:
           setenv NA_OS "irix"
           breaksw

Add the setenv XCFLAGS line to irix just as it appears in irix64:

        case irix:
           setenv XCFLAGS "-o32"
           setenv NA_OS "irix"
           breaksw

After that, you should do a "make distclean" from $NAWIPS,
then re-source the Gemenviron file.

You should now see -o32 when you type:
echo $XCFLAGS

Now try the build again.

In your output below, you have:
make lnetcdf "CFLAGS=" "FFLAGS="

In the $NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.irix file, the line:
NCOPT = "CFLAGS=$(XCFLAGS)" "FFLAGS=$(XCFLAGS)"
will define -o32 for NCOPT so that you should see:

make lnetcdf "CFLAGS=-o32" "FFLAGS=-o32"

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support