20010314: 20010314: plotting data values with MARK in sfmap

David,

The info on mark is spread between the online help fir "sfmap" and
"colors".

You can still run the program twice as before, once for dots
and once for + signs like:

sfparm = mark:15:4:1;sgnl>0
colors = 30;0
clear = y

sfparm = mark:1:1:1;sgnl<0
colors = 16;0
clear = n

In this case, there really isn't much new in 5.6.

However, you could run the program just once for color coding the dots
(orange negative, purple positive) like:
sfparm = mark:15:4:1
colors = (0/16;30/sgnl)
clear = y

The above will color code the marker based on the value of SGNL.
The SGNL values less than or equal to 0 will set the MARK to color 16.
The SGNL values geater than 0 will set the MARK to color 30. The <= or >=
can be configured in COLORS with /L or /U.
Of course, that is only useful if you don't mind using the same marker type.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support