20010313: more on NWX problem

Robert,

NWX is very picky about the surface file names since it uses the names
to determine what the time of data within is.

In the nwx source code, it is expecting the surface files to be named
YYYYMMDD followed by the file extension givin in $NWX_TABLES/master.tbl

The default I provide is for files named YYYYMMDD_sao.gem
(only the _ or . characters are acepted in the extension).

So, if you have files named YYYYMMDDHH.... in the directory, that would be
a problem. And, any other naming convention would be a problem as well.

If you continue to have problems, look at your SFC_HRLY entry in
master.tbl and check the file extension and data_dir. Send
me a listing of the data dir contents if necessary along with
your SFC_HRLY line.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support