20010220: vg and gplt

Glenn,

Sounds like the dcredbook process you were going to use to
create vgf files from the redbook graphics. Most likely the
process is dying in the script before it runs gpend.

The quickest way to kill stuff is to run "$NAWIPS/bin/scripts/cleanup -c".
This will try to kill the gplt process and their children device drivers
as well as remove the message queues.

After that, check for any remaining gplt and vg processes and kill them and
remove old message queues with the ipcrm command.

You probably need to see why the script isn't getting to gpend.
It could be that the problem will resolve itself once the system
is free of the gplt resources, but if it persists, then the script
may be terminating unexpecedly. One possible cause would be a flood of
redbook graphics on NOAAPORT that ran your system out of available processes.
This could happen if the LDM restarted and received all its backlogged
data very rapidly.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support