20010216: netCDF satellite imagery for NAWIPS

Kevin,

According to: $NAWIPS/versions/release_notes/v5.6/README_nawips5.6.a
----
    B.  AWIPS Satellite Data (RFC, AR, PR)

        NMAP can now display AWIPS satellite images.  Note that the environment
        variable SAT should be set to /data/fxa/sat/SBN/netCDF to properly
access
        the top of the satellite directories on AWIPS.  Also note that the
netCDF
        libraries and source have been added to the directory tree that are
needed
        to access the satellite data.  They are located at: $GEMPAK/netcdf-3.4
----

You should be able to verify that GEMPAK can view your NetCDF files by using
NSAT from the "FILE-->User_Defined" pulldown and browsing your
data directories for the data (or use gpmap with satfil defined).
If your images are recognized, then all you have to do is set up the
$SAT tree. You can mix AREA, GINI, NetCDF files if necessary since it is the
imsing.f routine that determines the appropriate way to read each type
of image file.

Steve Chiswell