gempak map files

Chiz,

I need to create a special map file for a research area and found through
the support archives a reference to ssftogsf for converting from an ascii
file (like I have) to a gempak map file (gsf).  Being somewhat lazy, I don't
feel like wading through the code for ./gempak/maps/programs/ssfgsf.f (I'm
assuming this is a new name for ssftogsf) to figure out what the format of
the ascii file needs to be.  The program references the GEMPAK Map Files
Document for the format.  Is there something online I can reference or can
you give me a quick answer?

Clint

Clinton M. Rowe
Associate Professor
Meteorology/Climatology Program                  phone:(402)472-1946
Department of Geosciences                          fax:(402)472-4917
University of Nebraska-Lincoln                        address@hidden

>From address@hidden Wed Feb  7 08:43:36 2001
>Subject: never mind

Chiz,

I remembered that there was an asciimaps download for creating DEC versions
of the map files, so I found it and downloaded them.  Lo and behold, there's
also documentation of the format!  So, never mind my previous message.