20010111: directory structure for nsat/nmap

Clint,
Your description is correct. You can give patterns in the scour.conf
files to avoid some trees so that you don't scour links.

I removed the symbolic links in my tree here since I rarely use nsat any more.
One feature that NSAT does provide that none of the other GUIs do is the
ability to use the "File" pulldown to User Defined and get to the radar data
that way.

A different work around would be to have nsat use $SAT as always which is only
links and
never scoured- where the links are to the gini, nexrad and area file trees, edit
$GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl (for nmap) and $GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults
so that the rad and sat trees there go to the actual data files.

I still have links to maintain since I have the GINI and McIDAS data in two
different trees, so I have to have links somewhere since there is only one $SAT
variable.

Let me know if you want some help with scour.conf or the rest of the above.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support