20001228: NWX problem

>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

>We have a problem with nwx in 5.6.A (and 5.6).
>
>  Nwx:
>   Data --> Observed Data --> Surface Hourlies
>   This feature is not working.  When you click on a site you get no data.
>
>By using truss, it appears that the correct surface file is being opened.
>

>--
>Dr. Harry Edmon                        E-MAIL: address@hidden
>(206) 543-0547                 FAX:    (206) 543-0308
>Dept of Atmospheric Sciences
>University of Washington, Box 351640, Seattle, WA 98195-1640

Harry,

This feature works for me. You have to be storing the raw obs using dcmetr
(eg, not using the -n flag)  so that nwx can retrieve these from the
decoded file. Are you storing the decoded files as YYYYMMDD_sao.gem?
Nwx is pretty picky about file naming, but if you see that the correct files
are being opened, and the raw obs (eg SFPARM=TEXT in sflist shows the obs)
are in the file, then maybe its the station IDs. The $NWX_TABLES/sfstns.tbl
uses 3 letter IDs as the form for retieving the stations from the surface file,
so this should agree with the table you are using for the decoded data.

Can you give me details? Is this all OS's?

Steve Chiswell