20001128: [GEMPLT -35] NMAPFR - Map file read error

Wanhong,

I see that you are not sourcing the Gemenviron file that came with GEMPAK 5.6.

The message you show below is from the Gemenviron from GEMPAK 5.4:

[gempak@weather3]# source .cshrc
[gempak@weather3]# source GEMsetup
Setting to decmaps

You must source the Gemenviron file in the GEMPAK5.6 distribution
to use the GEMPAK 5.6 programs. Once you source the Gemenviron
file for your GEMPAK 5.6 distribution, the environmental variable
$GEMMAPS will be set to $NAWIPS/gempak/maps. In your
programs such as gdcntr, you should only need to set $MAPFIL to
the name of the file. No path is needed, eg:
$MAPFIL = hipowo.cia

The mapfile format changed between 5.4 and 5.6. Since you are sourcing
the 5.4 Gemenviron script, that is likely confusing the programs.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support