20010102: Difax discussion-[Broadcast-weather] Digest Number 48 (fwd)

Toward the end of these exchanges, a GEMPAK discussion evolves.
Linda
---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Monday, January 01, 2001 9:50 AM +0000
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Subject: [Broadcast-weather] Digest Number 48

"Looking to improve the way at which we view the Weather!"
Visit www.onelist.com/Broadcast-weather

Express YOUR views!

There are 8 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Difax termination
           From: "Larry Cosgrove" <address@hidden>
      2. Re: Re: Difax termination
           From: "Jason Kelley" <address@hidden>
      3. Re: Re: Difax termination
           From: address@hidden
      4. RE: Re: Difax termination
           From: "Robert P Dale" <address@hidden>
      5. Re: Re: Difax termination
           From: "Jason Kelley" <address@hidden>
      6. Re: Difax termination
           From: "Larry Cosgrove" <address@hidden>
      7. RE: Re: Difax termination
           From: "Robert P Dale" <address@hidden>
      8. Re: Re: Difax termination
           From: "Jason Kelley" <address@hidden>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 21:32:46 -0000
   From: "Larry Cosgrove" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Difax termination

Friends,

I am amazed at the relative quiet which has followed this
announcement. Will this information be available on any websites
after the NWS DIFAX shuts downs?

Larry Cosgrove
WWOR-TV New York NY

--- In address@hidden, "Jim  Danner" <bizman5@j...>
wrote:
THE FAMILY OF SERVICES DIFAX SERVICE WILL BE DISCONTINUED ON
APRIL 30, 2001.  HOWEVER, THE INTERNET VERSION OF DIFAX WILL
CONTINUE
FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.  DURING THIS TIME PERIOD, DIFAX CHARTS
WILL
BE REVIEWED TO SEE IF THEY CAN BE COMPLETELY DISCONTINUED. USERS
WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THIS EFFORT.

THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT DIFAX CHARTS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON OTHER
SITES.  HOWEVER, AT THIS TIME I DO NOT HAVE ANY DETAILS.

NOTICES PERTAINING TO THE TERMINATION OF DIFAX WILL BE POSTED ON THE
NWS NOTICE  WEB PAGE. THE URL IS LISTED BELOW.

HTTP//WWW.NWS.NOAA.GOV/OSO/NOTICES/NOTICES.SHTML

IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT ME ON
301-713-0864 X 120.

JULIE HAYES
FOS PROGRAM MANAGER

Message: 2
What information are you talking about?  There is nothing presently on the
Difax feed that I can't get off the internet (in a non-Difax) format.

Jason Kelley
Chief Meteorologist
WJHG-TV, Panama City FL

wrote:
> THE FAMILY OF SERVICES DIFAX SERVICE WILL BE DISCONTINUED ON
> APRIL 30, 2001.  HOWEVER, THE INTERNET VERSION OF DIFAX WILL
CONTINUE
> FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.  DURING THIS TIME PERIOD, DIFAX CHARTS
> WILL
> BE REVIEWED TO SEE IF THEY CAN BE COMPLETELY DISCONTINUED. USERS
> WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THIS EFFORT.
>
> THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT DIFAX CHARTS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON OTHER
> SITES.  HOWEVER, AT THIS TIME I DO NOT HAVE ANY DETAILS.
>
> NOTICES PERTAINING TO THE TERMINATION OF DIFAX WILL BE POSTED ON THE
> NWS NOTICE  WEB PAGE. THE URL IS LISTED BELOW.
>
> HTTP//WWW.NWS.NOAA.GOV/OSO/NOTICES/NOTICES.SHTML
>
> IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT ME ON
> 301-713-0864 X 120.
>
> JULIE HAYES
> FOS PROGRAM MANAGER

"Looking to improve the way at which we view the Weather!"
Visit www.onelist.com/Broadcast-weather

Express YOUR views!

Message: 3