difax sizing

We've been printing difax maps using g3topbm and pnmtops with good
results until recently.  Lately we are seeing many of the 4 panel maps
being printed incorrectly, only two panels to a page and with those 2
panels being significantly larger than before.  The perl script I use
to do the printing is very simple and uses the following line to do the
converting and printing:

g3topbm $argv[1] | pnmtops -width 11 -height 17 | lp

where $argv[1] is the difax map to print and the pnmtops tries to set
the image for an 11X17 printer page.

Does anyone know why the 4 panels could be printing wrong and/or have a
better way to resize the images for an 11x17 printer?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

David Fitzgerald
System Administrator            Phone: (717) 871-2394
Millersville University         Fax: (717) 871-4725
Millersville, PA 17551          E-mail: address@hidden