Date: Thu, Nov 11, 1999 3:30 PM -0700
From: Linda Miller <address@hidden>
To: "James T. Moore" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: UserComm Agenda item-DIFAX

Hi Jim,

--On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 10:21 PM -0500 "James T. Moore" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Linda/Jennie,
>
> Will the usercomm pick up on the discussions we had earlier (about a
> year ago) about someone putting a list of the GEMPAK macros together to
> replace the DIFAX charts?  We will only be having DIFAX available for
> one more year.  Good to plan ahead.  I believe Mike Morgan said he
> could help on this.

I had a conversation with Michael Morgan about Difax last week.  He said he
would be happy to share the scripts written to generate Difax with Gempak with
anyone in the community who is interested in using them.   He said Wisc had
17x11 printer capabilities with the script.  If you don't want the script,
Michael said they might be able to inject the imagery they are making for the
maps they are generating and send it to you via LDM/IDD.

If you would like to contact him, he said he would work with you on this issue.
Please let us know if this is sufficient or if you need additional information.

Hope all is well, Jim.  We miss your puns....I think.

Linda

> Jim Moore
> Professor of Meteorology
> St. Louis University
> Dept. of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
> 3507 Laclede Avenue
> St. Louis, Missouri 63103
> tel: 314-977-3126
> fax: 314-977-3117
> e-mail: address@hidden

Linda Miller - address@hidden
External Liaison, Unidata
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000
303 497-8646 fax: 303-497-8690
from:  Michael Morgan
11/11/99

Correction:
Linda -
        I talked with our system manager after I spoke with
you last week.  He said it would be pretty straightforward for
us to inject the data [maps in postscript form] into the data stream.

Michael