Re: [Fwd: NJ and the latest GRIB]

John,

Is the GRIB 8.0 jar included in the NJ 4.1 bundle also compatible with
NJ 4.0?

Robert,

No

I have a Panoply user whose GRIB table was added to the tablelookup.lst
last month, but apparently only in the GRIB 8.0 jar that is distributed
with NJ 4.1.

I tried dropping that version 8.0 jar into Panoply in place of the GRIB
6.0 jar that comes with NJ 4.0, and Panoply now reports a
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException exception when I try to access any
griddded variable in the dataset.

There was a major refactor between the Grib jar version 6 and 8 so a
jar update will not work. If you send me a test file I'll update the version 6 Grib jar with the needed information and make a Grib jar
release.

Robb...

I'd love to upgrade Panoply to use NJ 4.1, but don't feel I can do so
for another several months. Too big a fraction of my userbase (perhaps
a majority) is on OS X 10.5 and even 10.4, and that means that they
don't have access to Java 1.6.

rbs

--
Robert B. Schmunk, address@hidden
NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, 2880 Broadway, New York, NY 10025