[netCDFJava #HSK-843499]: netcdf java library

Julie,

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't realize this ticket was handed over to
me. It sounds like you want low level
access to the values in the Grib message data section. The netcdf package uses
the Java Grib library to do the low
level extraction of the data. There are routines Grib1GetData and Grib2GetData
that uses parameters from an
index(gbx file) to extract the data on a variable basis. The package is located
at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/decoders/

There are also Java docs on the page. You should look at the Indexer routines
and the index tag on the page.

One note, this package is being refactored so the index API is going to change
from a text type index to a binary index for performance reasons. The package
will be backward compatible but the binary index are more complete especially
for the ensemble type data. I included an support message that might help too.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/decoders/2008/msg00024.html

Robb...

Ticket ID: HSK-843499
Department: Support netCDF Java