Re: grib jpeg2000 error (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 10:17:21 -0600 (MDT)
From: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
To: Jeff McWhirter <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: grib jpeg2000 error

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Jeff McWhirter wrote:

We are getting an error from a user running on a mac:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/esupport/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=8513&departmentid=12&ticketstatusid=1

She is getting a:
  sealing violation: package jj2002.j2k.util is sealed

Here is someone who has had a similar error:
http://kenta.blogspot.com/2005/11/jj2000-compiling.html

My guess is that the JRE on the mac has a version of the jj2002 package and it is "sealed":
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ext/security/sealing.html
Thus the error.

However, from the error above the package is "jj2002". We have no reference to such a package but perhaps our use of jj2000 package is really using the Mac's jj2000 package which then is trying to load in a jj2002 package (?)

Jeff,

that's a good question, our jj2000 jar is included in our packages. Like you said jj2002 is being referenced, not our jj2000. Our jj2000 package doesn't reference any other "external" packages. On the mac, it seems that the jj2000 package references the jj2002 package. so my guess is that the way the build is set up that the JVM jj2000 package is being used before the our package jj2000.

A solution is described here:
http://www.ptolemy3d.org/wiki/PtolemyToolPtconsole

Robb- can you look into this?

sure