[netCDFDecoders #PAL-578663]: BUFR Decoder

Hiya,

sorry for the long delay for my reply, we've been refactoring the bufr code.
Since there are so many tables, versions of the tables, and different sites
using there own versions of the WMO descriptors we are considering removing the
stand alone bufr
package and just use the code internally on limited number of Bufr messages.
The reasoning is that it's very time consuming to
support all the table/site variations and the outside support requests. We
haven't finalized this action, but we have limited resources that we have to
allocate properly.

With your request, I released a intermediate package called
bufr-decoder-java_1.5.00.tar.gz on the Decoders ftp site.

This version doesn't have all the refactoring included but it does have much of
the table enhancement for local tables with
the configuration of tablelookup.txt file in the resource directory.

Also, there is another Bufr package just released:

Robb...

From: Steve Sullivan <address@hidden>

Subject: WmoBufr release 1.4.1

Hi,

Today I released WmoBufr 1.4.1, a BUFR to XML translator.  It's at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wmobufr/

Version 1.4.1 ...

 - is MUCH faster and handles multiple input files.
 - handles BUFR editions 2, 3, and 4.
 - handles BUFR compression.
 - has print and XML output content controls.
 - provides multiple print output files.
 - has optional data validation.

Background:

Wmobufr is an open source Java package for translating WMO
BUFR files into XML.  The wmobufr package offers both a Java
API for reading BUFR files and a command-line utility to
translate BUFR files into XML.

The WMO BUFR format is widely used for observational weather
data.  The format uses about 750 tables to encode
observations into bit strings.  The tables and format are
specified in standards published by the WMO, the World
Meteorological Organization.

The wmobufr package includes the WMO version 13 BUFR tables.
The package is released under the BSD open source license.

The package is available at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wmobufr/

If you have questions or concerns, please email me.

Steve

Ticket ID: PAL-578663
Department: Support netCDF Decoders