[Fwd: Java LDM] (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 18:21:44 -0600
From: John Caron <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: [Fwd: Java LDM]

FYI, Paul Hamer at ESRL sent me this. Its a Java JNI interface to the LDM.

The Readme says:

The LDM Java interface requires the use of the Java Native Interface (JNI) so this is obviously not suitable for a pure java distribution but would still be useful for Java clients wanting to access the LDM queue directly. The *.h and *.C files basically implement the calls to the C++ wrapper to
LDM. This wrapper is implemented in code contained in esrl/gsd/dsg/ods/ldm
which will need to be built as a shareable object library (see README in
that directory).

Compile and create a sharable object library using:

g++ -I. -I../ods/ldm -I../ods/ldm/unidata -I$LDM_HOME/include -fPIC -c *.C
g++ -shared -o libJLdm.so *.o

Collect the .so files into one directory for ease of use and either
make sure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to include the directory or specify
this using the commandline i.e. -Djava.library.path=