[Fwd: Re: [idvusers] grib1 files/ dead documentation link] (fwd)

Daniel,

sorry for the delayed response.  The file shows center 7, sub-center 14
and version 2. since we don't have a specific table for sub-center 14 we are using ncep table for center 7 version 2. This table has parm 147, defined as :

147:U-GWD:Zonal gravity wave stress [N/m^2]

sub center 14 is:

NWS Meteorological Development Laboratory

i went to the site and didn't find any specific table, the searches referenced the standard NCEP tables. so there's a problem. is the parm misslabeled or is there another table. Do you know of another table? are all the other params correctly defined? I don't have a problem of adding another table for sub center 14, but I don't have it.

robb...