Re: your request to subscribe to "BUFRLIB support"

Jeff,

I have some questions about bufr tables. Hope you can answer these.

A snippet of your code shows:

        IF  ( cborg (1:4) .eq. 'KARP' )  THEN
            bfstyp = 'NC004004'
        ELSE IF  ( cborg (1:4) .eq. 'EGRR' )  THEN
            bfstyp = 'NC004006'
        ELSE
            bfstyp = 'NC004009'
        END IF

It appears that you are using part of the product pattern to load certain tables, is that correct?

In doc:
http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/sib/decoders/BUFRLIB/toc/dfbftab/

it mentions that the mnemonic tables need to be loaded according to datatype and data subtype. This seems different then your code, can you explain this?

In doc:

http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/mmb/data_processing/NCEP_BUFR_File_Structure.htm#ASCII_Table

it mentions that the first descriptors in the data refer to what tables need to be loaded to decode. How many products follow this syntax?

In doc:

http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/mmb/data_processing/bufrtab_tabled.htm

In the local classes there are many reference to mnemonic tables that I can't find anywhere on the web. The tables are in [] similar to [NC003003]. Where can I download these tables?

Thanks,
RObb...