Re: [Fwd: Re: THREDDS and grib]

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Ethan Davis wrote:

Hi guys,

Kevin at PMEL is trying to aggregate some GRIB files and running into problems.

I have some sample files at /home/edavis/kevinGribData.

When I open them up in ToolsUI, I see a proj0 and proj1 structure. They each have a latLonCoordSys variable but I don't see a difference between them.

Ethan,

there is a minor differance in the projections, ie p1.Lo1 != p2.Lo1. That's enough to cause problems in an aggregation.

GDSkey = 2494715761
La1 = -74.5

Lo1 = 0.5

La2 = 64.499
Lo2 = 359.5
GDSkey = 2548847210
La1 = -74.0

Lo1 = 1.0

La2 = 64.999
Lo2 = 360.0

Before the aggreagtion could occur, some of the grid parameter would have to be reprojected to the other grid co-ordinates or the parameters would have to be seperated out into files according to co-ordinates and then aggregated.

Robb...

I'm
guessing this is confusing the aggregation. Are there actually two different projections in each file or is the GRIB library or IOSP mapping things poorly?

Could you take a look at these files and let me know what is up?

Thanks,

Ethan

--
Ethan R. Davis                                Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                             Fax:       (303) 497-8690