[netCDFDecoders #WOX-279290]: grib2 to cdl and netcdf

Themis,

grib2cdl's name is misleading, actually it only creates a cdl
file for Grib1 type files.  The whole gribtonc package only
works with Grib1. Hopefully you didn't waste much time on this
problem. I've been working on the web site to correct this
misleading information and I also split out the perl Decoders
into their own package. Here's the url:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/decoders/

I would appreciate any comments about the page, so it's clear
to others and they don't make the same assumptions.

For the Grib Java grib2netcdf decoder:

One needs to download the toolUI jar file from the netCDF java
page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/

Notice the Grib Java decoder that can be used to convert some or
all of the Grib1 or Grib2 data into netCDF files.

the $CP needs to be set by you, where the toolsUI-2.2.14.jar is
located. Here is a shell program. replace <yourpathtoo> with your own
path and update the version number of the toolsUI jar file.

#/bin/csh -f

set CP="<yourpathtoo>toolsUI-2.2.14.jar"

echo "java -classpath $CP ucar.nc2.ui.ToolsUI"

java -Xmx512m -classpath $CP ucar.nc2.ui.ToolsUI

also the Grib2Netcdf can replace the ToolsUI by

java -Xmx512m -classpath $CP ucar.nc2.iosp.grib.Grib2Netcdf INPUT OUTPUT.NC

Don't forget to add the INPUT grib file and OUTPUT.NC names.

Thanks,
Robb...

Ticket ID: WOX-279290
Department: Support netCDF Decoders