Re: GRIB1 and BUFR in TDS

Hi,

There was some minor problems in decoding the files but they are now fixed
and ci.  the grib file had a strange char in the header and the bufr
decoder was trying to decode the qc section.  the test files are a bit strange,
each parameter was broken into 2 or more files, PRO, 000001, 000002, 000003...
each file has a PRO as the header and data starts in the 000001.  this is not
supported by either of Unidata's  grib or bufr libraries because it's not in
either formal GRIB or BUFR specification. i only tested the 000001 files
because the others would of required code changed to test.

so if the users want to use our libraries without modification then the files
need to be combined into 1 file, that can contain a header and data
without any auxiliary headers in the file. i assume that the files were
broken into parts to make for easier data transfers. Also, i would suspect
that there is a program to reassemble the files without the additional
headers and no additional characters being inserted into the files.
i would like to test some of the combined files if they are available.

robb...