Re: 20050228: decoders and IDV

> >To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
> >From: "Mark J. Laufersweiler" <address@hidden>
> >Subject: decoders and IDV
>

> Hello
>
> I am tryin to set up my DODS/ADDE/THREDDS server and have started
> with something simple to server up and so I figured I would start
> with the metars. But now I not sure what I doing wrong. When I run
> the idv on the created metart netcdf file I get:
>
> java -Xmx512m -jar idv.jar (wd: ~/idv)
>
> Couldn't decode unit attribute (0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8 Table 12-5) of
> variable "char_Ptend": Lexical error at line 1, column 2.
> Encountered: "|" (124), after : ""

hey mark,

hope things are well with you.  good support question, has all the facts.
i downloaded and tested your metar netcdf example file. it's in the
correct format so that's not the problem. i speculate that the problem is
in the netCDF API that the IDV is using to read the file, so i'm including
others in this response to get their opinions.

the downloaded file is at:

/upc/share/testdata/station/ldm-old/markMetar.nc

robb...