RE: 20050125: gribtonc

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Latimer, S wrote:

> Robb,
>
> Thank you for your help.  I will try to answer your questions below:
>
> >>did you have any problems compiling gribtocdl, gribdump, and gribtonc?
> >>what compiler flags did you use and what os?
> I am just trying to use the gribtonc.  Do you need me to try the other
> commands?  I do not know what you mean by compiler flags.  If that is part of
> the options listed under "gribtonc" at the unidata site, I did not specify
> any options besides filename, [CDL_path] and netCDF_path i.e.  gribtonc
> rucs.000327.rucs.T22Z.cdl rucs.000327.rucs.T22Z.PGrbAnl.nc <
> rucs.000327.rucs.T22Z.PGrbAnl  as explained in the examples part of the
> gribtonc description.  I am using Linux 9.0.
>
> >is there a . in your PATH variable?  what messages does % file gribtonc give?
> as far as I know the only '.' or in the actual filename itself.
> I tried the '% file gribtonc and it gives the following error:
> bash: fg: %: no such job

stephen,

this is not a binary release, the code needs to be compiled. also 2 other
packages need to be installed before one can compile the decoders package.
netcdf and udunits need to be install, there are links to those packages
on the decoders page.  the decoders has two files, INSTALL and CUSTOMIZE
to assist in compiling the package, strongly suggest that you read those
files.

robb...