Re: grib2 decoder

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Jim Cowie wrote:

> Thanks for the update Robb. I figured the files were going to become
> very large but I was thinking that in netCDF4 when HDF is the underlying
> data storage layer that compression would help out here. Is that likely
> or am I dreaming?

no that will help a bunch. but some of the new grib2 eta files are almost
400 megs, current expansion would result in 8 gigs. wow  don't know how
netCDF4 will handle that large of a data set. so on demand decoding will
be the most reasonable solution.

robb...

Maybe it is best to just degrib on the fly after all.