Re: using mysql with ldm

hiya,

i've been looking into the pqsurf problem of missing reports and the
storing of the reports into gdbm database  because the pqsurf maintenance was
done by me many years ago. UPC tried to deprecate the code because there are
better more efficient solutions possible.  the last couple of years my current
work has been with the THREDDS project that involved work with the surface
observations, actually all the NWS products on the IDD. one can view the
surface servers at:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/projects/THREDDS/tech/server/motherlode.html

these servers have been available for over a year, feel free to use them.

anyway getting back to the above problem, i'm working on a solution using
my THREDDS work to implement a decoder to bust up surface bulletins into
individual reports and to store then into a database.   an estimate of 2
weeks for a working solution, trying to make a generalized solution so
different databases can be used instead of only gdbm.

comments

robb...