Re: WAFS Thickener

Hi Carl,

> I'm looking for code to "thicken" the thinned WAFS grids.  I saw a link
> to a WAFS thickener on your Unidata page, but it doesn't work.
>
> Do you know where I can get WAFS grid-thickening code?

The "-q" option of the gribtonc GRIB-to-netCDF decoder supports WAFS
grid thickening:

     -q qspecs
          Specification for how to expand so-called quasi-regular
          or thinned grids into rectangular grids.  This argument
          is a comma-delimited text  string  that  specifies  the
          method  of interpolation used (currently lin for linear
          or cub for cubic), and the latitude and  longitude  in-
          crements  in  degrees  for  the  resulting  grid  (e.g.
          dlat=2.5,dlon=5.0).

and gribtonc it's available from the "Latest Decoders Package
(decoders.tar.Z)" at:

  http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/decoders/index.html

--Russ