RE: Decoder questions (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:28:50 -0700
From: Tom Baltzer <address@hidden>
To: 'Robb Kambic' <address@hidden>
Subject: RE: Decoder questions

Hi Robb,

Thanks!! That led me to the answer and I think it also implies a possible
bug in the decoders.

The message I got when manually running the command was:
could not open
/usr/local/ldm/data/pub/decoded/netcdf/surface/metarLog.20337.log: No such
file or directory

The only thing that seemed to be missing was a surface directory so I
created one and voila, it worked fine and now we're getting tons of netcdf
metar data into the surface directory.

Playing a hunch on the ua2nc stuff I created an upperair directory as well
and voila, upper air data is being decoded into netCDF now as well.

Well I thought I'd mailed this to you already, but obviously not.  Sorry if
I caught you off guard this am in the THREDDS meeting.

Thanks again - still up for talking decoders this afternoon?

Tom.

Tom Baltzer
Software Engineer
UCAR Office of Programs