Re: 20040226:valtime_offset problems gribtonc

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Lori,

I am not quite sure that what your question is?

The valtime_offsets are extracted from the data files. The
offsets must be in the raw grib data you used to make the cdl. You could
use use the gribdump utility to check your grib input file.  ie

% gribdump <rawgrib> | less
       Time Range Indicator : Reference Time + Long P1
                Time 1 (P1) : 0
                Time 2 (P2) : 12

This would result in a valtime_offset of 12.  You could edit the cdl file
in the data section.  Removing some of the values for the
valtime_offset, only used the offsets in the data that you are decoding.

I don't know what the result would be if the variable valtime_offset was
removed from the data section. You would get some errors but not fatal
errors.

If none of the above ideas work, you might want to use the old version of
the decoder and modify the gribtocdl file section to look like lines
1882-1937 in the latest gribtocdl.  I think that the actual changes might
be only a couple lines in that section. A simple recompile might solve
your problem.

Let me know your findings. If you are still having problems, send me your
cdl an a sample grib file.

Robb....