Re: 20040205:metar decode

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

James,

There's a Unidata decoders package that has a metar2nc perl script to
extract the information that you need. You might have to hack out the
netcdf code part, the purpose is to convert metars into a netCDF file.
At this point, I'm modifying the script and fixed the bug that you noted
but the code has not be releases yet. So you could change the code to
reflect the fix.

Change lines that splits bulletins into reports to:

        # Separate bulletins into reports
        if( /=\n/ ) {
                @reports = split( /=\n/ ) ;
        } else {