Re: Gribtonc changes

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Glenn Rutledge wrote:

> Hello all-
> (Hello James...long time);
> Before I sited some of the words below for inclusion into a new page at
> NCDC (and the NOAA Operational Model Archive and Distribution System
> (NOMADS- http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/nomads/nomads.html), page),
> I wanted to ask if there was any page I can site for potential AWIPS
> users of my site at Unidata, or FSL to convert raw grib to AWIPS style
> NetCDF- and if the awips table sited in the email below has been used
> and works?

Glenn,

Finally getting to my email after being out last week.  The NetCDF
Decoders page is located at:

 my.unidata.ucar.edu

choose Software, choose netCDF Decoders

One can get the information and  s/w there.

There is no information about AWIPS on the page, it might become available
if the AWIPS table I made for Brian Hoeth works correctly.  I'm still
working with Brian on the s/w side of his set-up. If things pan out, then
the netCDF decoder gribtonc will be able to create an AWIPS type netCDF
file from a raw grib file.  I keep you informed.

Robb...