Re: also text format

a.emre,

If you download the decoders package, there's program called gribdump,
converts the grib file to ascii.  The package is located at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/decoders

One also needs to install packages Netcdf and Udunits before building
the decoders package at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/udunits

Robb...