Re: pqinsert

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Christian Page wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, it works perfectly if rename the file "SAFR31 LFPW
> 311230"
> Another question, related to pqsurf, I noticed that products are duplicated ,
> e.g. by example :
>
> SAFR32 LFPW 311900^M^M
> LFBT 311900Z 10003KT CAVOK 27/20 Q1022 NOSIG=^M^M
> (...)
>
> and
>
> SAFR31 KWBC 311900^M^M
> METAR^M^M
> LFBT 311900Z 10003KT CAVOK 27/20 Q1022 NOSIG=^M^M
> (...)
>
> In the second case, I have a METAR, and in the first case, not.
> For pqsurf.conf, I have:
> WMO     ^(metar|speci) (....) ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
>         DBFILE  data/surface/gdbm/(\3:yyyy)(\3:mm)\3\4.metar_gdb \2
>
> So, in the first case, the entry is then not processed by pqsurf?
> It seems the case, because in my try to insert prods, I don't have a METAR
> line,
> and the product is not processed by pqsurf. Should I have a non-restrictive

Christian,

I've been fighting with the pqsurf code for awhile now. I did not write it
and it's not very flexible code to change. The problem is that some METAR
bulletins have PILs and some don't have PIL.  The code has problems
handling this situation. As a kludge :( I designater all Canadian products
to not have PILs and all the others to be processed as having a PIL. Off
course this is not correct....  I'll try to correct the problem.  WOuld
you be willing to test the new solution?  I might have time to work on it
soon.

I believe the rest of your configurations are correct.

Robb...