Re: 20010510: CDL template when using grib2nc

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Sherrie,

The cdl files are in the decoders directory  and they are with the
release also. The cdls change more often then the code so they are
seperate and the the seperate cdl's are more current.  I'm attaching the
LDM pqact entries for the decoders, shows the arguments for the decoders.
One can run the decoders from the command line redirecting the raw data to
STDIN.  The decoders are usually run as user LDM.

RObb...

>                           Thanks,
>                        Sherrie Fredrick
>                        MMM division,NCAR
>

> ------- End of Forwarded Message

####
# sao perl decoder
# All aviation reports files yymmddhh_perl_sao.nc
DDS|IDS ^S(A....|P....|XUS91) .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        PIPE    /local/ldm/decoders/sao2nc
                etc/sao.cdl

data/ldm/pub/decoded/netcdf/surface/(\2:yy)(\2:mm)\2\3_perl_sao.nc
#
# metar decoder, creates NetCDF files formated data/decoded/yymmddhh_metar.nc
# All aviation reports including metar tests
DDS|IDS ^S(A....|P....|XUS8.) .... ([0-3][0-9])
        PIPE    /local/ldm/decoders/metar2nc
        etc/metar.cdl
        data/ldm/pub/decoded/netcdf/surface
        (\2:yy)(\2:mm)
#
# upper air perl decoder
DDS|IDS ^U[ABDEFGHIJKLMPQRSTXZ].... .... ([0-3][0-9])
        PIPE    /local/ldm/decoders/ua2nc
                etc/raob.cdl
                data/ldm/pub/decoded/netcdf/upperair
                (\1:yy)(\1:mm)

# buoy reports in yymmddhh_buoy.nc decoded into NetCDF format
        PIPE    /local/ldm/decoders/buoy2nc
                etc/buoy.cdl
                data/ldm/pub/decoded/netcdf/surface
                (\1:yy)(\1:mm)

#
# Synoptic reports in yymmddhh_syn.nc decoded into NetCDF format
        PIPE    /local/ldm/decoders/syn2nc
                etc/syn.cdl